If you are new to Julie’s Freebies this is a great place to start. Read through as it will most likely answer any questions that you may have about my site.
First and foremost, YES IT IS LEGIT. I have been doing this website since 2011. Freebies and sweepstakes have been a hobby for me for decades, and I wanted to share it with others so here we are. Lets start with some common questions:
- How do we know who wins your Facebook giveaways? I usually have a few Facebook giveaways going at any given time. Currently I am giving away 1-2 items per day as well as 5 LUCKY $2 Bills per day. The prizes vary day to day. To find out who wins my giveaways, you can go to my Facebook Winners List to see the current winners. I post winners around 10pm Central Time (11pm Eastern). Some days I am late posting, but it is pretty rare.
- How do we find the winners of the other giveaways? Each one is different. The giveaways that I link to on my website should all have an OFFICIAL RULES somewhere. Click on that and you can find all the information out about any given giveaway. It will have things like ending time, how to get a list of winners, details of the prizes and more.
- Will I get a bunch of SPAM? I really do my best to vet out fake offers so they do not appear on my website. If you are new to freebies and sweepstakes I do suggest making a throw away free email account to use just for this hobby. The purpose of companies offering free stuff and sweepstakes is for marketing, so you will be getting marketing emails.
A few more things to note:
- I NEVER SEND FRIEND REQUESTS! EVER. Do not accept any from someone pretending to be me. This is just part of the internet life now, I wish I could get rid of the imposters, but I can’t so just don’t add them.
- DO NOT PAY FOR SHIPPING ON PRIZES! Prizes are just that FREE prizes. Do not pay a company a shipping fee or ANY OTHER FEE! Some prizes (large ones usually) do require you to pay taxes on the value, but that is between you and the IRS not the company awarding the prize.
- HAVE FUN! BE NICE! This is a hobby for may people. The thrill of hunting for and finding then receiving freebies is addicting. This is a zero cost hobby, and is a nice way to collect free things to try as well as gifts. Regular readers regularly have huge stock piles of gifts for the holidays that they receive throughout the year for free!
Any other questions? Ask on our Facebook page!