Ounce per ounce, our beauty and personal care products are some of the most expensive things we buy, and higher end items in particular add up quickly. However, price tag does not always equate to quality, and with a little know-how you can get premium quality for midlevel pricing. Read on to discover the items we’ve shortlisted to help you look your best at bottom dollar.
Our top pick for inexpensive but high-quality shampoos and conditioners is Herbal Essences. They offer a large product line specific for different hair types, and improve hair health, texture and shine. Herbal Essences frequently offers free samples on their Facebook page, and free samples typically include coupons for the sample item and other products. You can also get coupons by signing up for their mailing list.
We recommend Tresemmé styling products, as they’re inexpensive but still provide excellent body, hold, shine and texture. Tresemmé includes a free sample voucher when you register for their email list, and also periodically sends out coupon offers via email.
Neutrogena offers a full line of reasonably priced body and facial washes for virtually every skin type, and are considerably cheaper than comparable products. The best way to get free samples and coupons for these products is in the special offers section of the official Neutrogena website, but Coupon Cadet also offers some coupons for Neutrogena products.
We suggest Eucerin as our top pick for budget-friendly moisturizers, as their products are reasonably priced but provide plenty of moisture without clogging pores. You can find free samples and coupons on Eucerin’s Facebook page.
To fill your makeup bag with inexpensive, high-quality products, it’s necessary to cross brands quite a bit. Here’s our breakdown:
- L’Oréal Paris True match is our top foundation pick. L’Oréal frequently runs promotions for this product in the special offers section of the official website.
- Covergirl Cheekers blush is our hands-down favorite for inexpensive blush. Text “breezy” to 24475 to receive Covergirl deals and tips.
- Rimmel London Natural Bronzer is our favorite budget-friendly bronzer. They frequently release coupons on their Facebook page.
- ELF lipsticks come in a wide array of colors, and are much less expensive than comparable products. By sharing ELF products with your friends through their website, you’ll get a voucher for $5 off ELF products.
- Maybelline Ultra Liner applies flawlessly, and is totally water and smudge-proof. It’s also quite a bit cheaper than similar products, and you can receive special offers by liking Maybelline on Facebook.
- We recommend L’Oréal HIP as our top choice for inexpensive eye shadow, as they offer a huge variety of vibrant shades that maintain their intensity once applied. You can find promotions for L’Oréal products on their website.
By shopping smart and keeping your eyes open for deals and promotions, you’ll be able to stick to a modest budget and look great doing it. Check back often for more tips and tricks to cut your expenses while still making the most of life.