It seems Amazon is everywhere you go now, and more and more people are using the service for purchasing each day. This makes it surprising to me how few people know some tricks to getting HUGE savings on Amazon. With brick and mortar stores consumers are able to use coupons and various cost cutting measures to maximize their savings, those old school methods don’t work on Amazon all the time BUT we have some cool ways that can save you BIG!
1. One of the biggest ways to save on Amazon (and one of the least known) by joining a discount code or or glitch deal group on Facebook. Chances are you have seen discount codes in the past, or perhaps you have noticed that little box when checking out which lets you put in a gift card or promotion code. Those little promotions can save you BIG! There are tons of them available at any given time too! By joining a Facebook Group for such codes you can see tons in one place that can save you 50-60-70 or even 90 NINETY(!) percent off! HUGE SAVINGS! One such group you can join is the Black Friday Everyday Facebook Group. One reader said this is like the Amazon Version of Extreme Couponing!
2. Another way to save on Amazon is by using Amazon Coupons. Now trust us, the savings by doing this are going to be as big as the ones you see in your local supermarket but there are some coupons available for Amazon products. When you are viewing a product on Amazon if there is a coupon available for it you will be able to clip that coupon and apply your savings right to your order. Combine this with Subscribe and Save discounts and you could be on your way to some nice savings.
3. Freebies on Amazon? Yes! You can get free stuff on Amazon too, it is just like any other place (and trust me, we know all about free stuff). One of the ways you can get free stuff on Amazon is by WINNING IT! We have a whole guide on How to Win Amazon Bouncy Box Giveaways they also have some free sampling programs too, like you can sign up for a FREE Amazon Baby Box that is full of Free Baby Stuff!
4. Amazon Prime Discounts!!! If you qualify for any of the Amazon Prime Discounts, make sure you are taking all of those for sure! They can add up to some real savings. Here are just a few of the savings for Prime:
- $5.99/mo Prime for those with EBT or Medicaid Card
- Free 30 Day Amazon Prime Trial
- Free 6 MONTH Trial of Amazon Prime for Students
5. Use Subscribe and Save. By using this feature you could be saving up to 15%. This is great on items you regularly use like laundry detergent, pet food, snacks etc. Think of the items that you go through on a schedule basically and set those up for some Subscribe and Save savings!
6. Sync your purchases and get FREE gift cards! Each month you can sync your Amazon purchases and get a free $3 gift card (do that 12 months in a row and you got nearly half your prime membership fee covered.
What other tips do you guys have for saving BIG with Amazon? We would love to hear about them in the comments!